Bridge Management Engineer
Ready to take your career to new heights? The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is looking to hire a Bridge Management Engineer. This position is responsible for technical oversight and management of Michigan's National Bridge Inspection Standards Program, including supervision of inspection, load rating and inventory program managers, and local agency compliance. This position administers, directs, and reviews the work of the Bridge Management Section in the Structure Preservation and Management Office. This position oversees Bridge Management Systems to support asset management and to provide the data and analysis tools to meet state and federal asset management requirements and in support of MDOT's Call for Projects and the Request for Action program.
- Valid driver's license.
- Six years of professional experience equivalent to a Transportation Engineer.
- Three years equivalent to a Transportation Engineer 12, Engineer Manager-Licensed 12.
- Two years equivalent to an Engineer Manager Licensed 13, Transportation Engineering Licensed Specialist 13; or, one-year equivalent to an Engineer Manager Licensed 14, Transportation Engineering Licensed Specialist 14.
- Ability to communicate effectively in all modes including report writing and delivering presentations to MDOT leadership, engineering groups, and the public.
- Ability to work as the Central Office liaison to all Regions and Bureaus, and other stakeholders in supporting the bridge program.