Detroit Workforce of the Future Career Readiness & Job Shadow Program
Apply to the 16-week program TODAY!
Detroit Workforce of the Future (DWF) is a sixteen-week free training program that introduces high school students to the construction industry, and an opportunity to be permanently hired by one of the many construction companies building Detroit for graduating seniors.
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION
The program is available to Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) at Cody, Osborn, and Pershing high-schools.
Detroit Workforce of the Future is made possible by the partnership of construction industry associations, unions, schools, a youth employment agency, an event business, a foundation, and grant organizations that work together to create incentive and inspiration for a cohort of students from Detroit high-schools.
- Management and Unions Serving Together (MUST) Safety Program modules
- Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) 30-hour safety training program
- 10-weeks of classroom training introducing construction concepts
- 5-weeks of job-site visits and shadowing
- 1-week spent working on a community project
Graduates will receive tools, work boots, and safety gear at no charge and will be paid an hourly wage as part of the program.
NOTE: Applicants Must Pass A Drug Test