Excavation Grade Checker
If you enjoy working outside, appreciate a good challenge, and like rewarding work, then this could be the job for you! Toebe Construction is looking for experienced and safety-oriented grade checkers who want to be a part of a growing company in the booming Michigan Highway Construction market! The grade checker is a specialized role that is a pivotal part of the highway construction process, which is so critical to our nation’s economy.
The excavation grade checker is responsible for conducting standard highway grade checking procedures. Candidates should know how to read and set up grade stakes for heavy equipment. Solid technical skills and knowledge of civil construction GPS systems are a major plus! Accuracy in your work will be critical.
- Three years of experience in civil construction and/or site development work.
- A self-starter and team player!
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and safety and quality standards.
- Ability to effectively utilize industry software and trade-related tools for grade work.
- Toebe is a union employer and provides a competitive hourly rate and benefits.
- Candidates must be 18 years or older and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical.
- This role will be physically demanding at times and will require you to work extended hours in various types of environments and weather conditions.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to job sites in and around the State of Michigan.