- A bachelor of science degree in civil engineering or in civil and environmental engineering
- Three years of professional engineering experience involved in transportation systems and programs
- Possession of a registered professional engineer license
Benefits of Working for The Michigan Department of Transportation
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance and retirement fund contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Optional deferred compensation 401(k) and 457 plans
A Good Job
Starts with a Great Employer
MDOT has a long, rich history filled with many transportation firsts, achievements, and innovations. Today, MDOT continues to be an innovative department, providing the highest quality integrated transportation service for economic benefit and improved quality of life.
MDOT employees have excellent pay and competitive benefits. Full-time employees receive between 15 and 35 vacation leave days per year. Employees also receive 13 sick days per year, and employees receive eight hours of leave to participate in certain school functions or community activities. State employees receive 12 scheduled holidays each year, which include New Year’s Eve day and New Year’s Day, Christmas Eve day and Christmas Day, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day just to name a few.